Theai, Inc. (dba Inworld AI)
Last updated: May 09, 2023
1. Personal information we collect
We collect information that alone or in combination with other information in our possession could be used to identify you (“Personal Information”) as follows:
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, you may share information directly with us when you sign up for a waitlist, create an account, fill out a form, purchase services from us, interact with us via third-party platforms, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. We may collect your name, username, email address, postal address, company name, phone number, contact preferences, why you are signing up, credit card and other payment information, and any other information you choose to provide (collectively “Account Information”). Additionally, when you use our services, we may collect information that is included in the input, file updates or feedback that you provide to our services (“Content”).
Personal Information We Receive Automatically From Your Use of the Services.
When you visit, use, and interact with the Services, we may receive the following information about your visit, use, or interactions (“Technical Information”):
- Log Data: Information that your browser automatically sends whenever you use our website (“log data”). Log data includes your Internet Protocol address, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you interacted with our website.
- Usage Data: We may automatically collect information about your use of the Services, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use and the actions you take, as well as your time zone, country, the dates and times of access, user agent and version, type of computer or mobile device, computer connection, IP address, and the like.
- Device Information: Includes name of the device, operating system, and browser you are using. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings.
2. How we use personal information
We may use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our site, products, and services;
- Process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations, receipts, invoices, and customer experience surveys;
- Personalize and improve your experiences;
- Send you technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Request feedback and to contact you about your use of our site or services;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by Inworld AI and others and provide news and information that we think will interest you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our site and services;
- Create de-identified, anonymized or aggregated information;
- Create and derive insights from de-identified and aggregated information;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and protect the rights and property of Inworld AI and others;
- Debug to identify and repair errors in our site and services;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
3. Disclosure of personal information
In certain circumstances we may provide your Personal Information to third parties without further notice to you, unless required by the law:
- Vendors and Service Providers: To assist us in meeting business operations needs and to perform certain services and functions, we may provide Personal Information to vendors and service providers, including providers of hosting services, cloud services, and other information technology services providers, event management services, email communication software and email newsletter services, and web analytics services. Pursuant to our instructions, these parties will access, process, or store Personal Information only in the course of performing their duties to us.
- Business Transfers: If we are involved in strategic transactions, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, or transition of service to another provider (collectively a “Transaction”), your Personal Information and other information may be disclosed in the diligence process with counterparties and others assisting with the Transaction and transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of that Transaction along with other assets.
- Legal Requirements: If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) prevent fraud, (iv) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Services, or the public, or (v) protect against legal liability.
4. Your rights
Depending on location, individuals in the EEA, the UK, and across the globe may have certain statutory rights in relation to their Personal Information. For example, you may have the right to:
- Access your Personal Information.
- Delete your Personal Information.
- Correct or update your Personal Information.
- Transfer your Personal Information elsewhere.
- Withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Information where we rely on consent as the legal basis for processing.
- Object to or restrict the processing of your Personal Information where we rely on legitimate interests as the legal basis for processing.
You can exercise some of these rights through your Inworld AI account. If you are unable to exercise your rights through your account, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. California privacy rights
The following provides additional information about how we disclose Personal Information. You can read more about the Personal Information we collect in “Personal information we collect” above, how we use Personal information in “How we use personal information” above, and how we retain personal information in “Security and Retention” below.
Category and disclosure of Personal Information
- Identifiers, such as your contact details: We disclose this information to our affiliates, vendors and service providers, law enforcement, and parties involved in Transactions
- Commercial Information, such as your transaction history: We disclose this information to our affiliates, vendors and service providers, law enforcement, and parties involved in Transactions.
- Network Activity Information, such as Content and how you interact with our Services: We disclose this information to our affiliates, vendors and service providers, law enforcement, and parties involved in Transactions.
- Geolocation Data: We disclose this information to our affiliates, vendors and service providers, law enforcement, and parties involved in Transactions.
- Your account login credentials (Sensitive Personal Information): We disclose this information to our affiliates, vendors and service providers, law enforcement, and parties involved in Transactions.
To the extent provided for by law and subject to applicable exceptions, California residents have the following privacy rights in relation to their Personal Information:
- The right to know information about our processing of your Personal Information, including the specific pieces of Personal Information that we have collected from you;
- The right to request deletion of your Personal Information;
- The right to correct your Personal Information; and
- The right to be free from discrimination relating to the exercise of any of your privacy rights.
We don’t sell or share Personal Information as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act, as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act. We also don’t process sensitive personal information for the purposes of inferring characteristics about a consumer.
Exercising Your Rights. California residents can exercise their CCPA privacy rights by sending their request to email@example.com.
Verification. In order to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, change, or deletion, we may require you to verify your credentials before you can submit a request to know, correct, or delete Personal Information. If you do not have an account with us, or if we suspect fraudulent or malicious activity, we may ask you to provide additional Personal Information and proof of residency for verification. If we cannot verify your identity, we will not provide, correct, or delete your Personal Information.
Our Service is not directed to children who are under the age of 13. Inworld AI does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Information to Inworld AI through the Service please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will investigate any notification and if appropriate, delete the Personal Information from our systems. If you are 13 or older, but under 18, you must have consent from your parent or guardian to use our Services.
7. Links to other websites
8. Security and Retention
We implement commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and organizational measures to protect Personal Information both online and offline from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, email sent to or from us may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via the Service or email. In addition, we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Service, or third party websites.
We’ll retain your Personal Information for only as long as we need in order to provide our Service to you, or for other legitimate business purposes such as resolving disputes, safety and security reasons, or complying with our legal obligations. How long we retain Personal Information will depend on a number of factors, such as the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure, our purpose for processing the information, and any legal requirements.
We may also anonymize or de-identify your Personal Information (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, as described above, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
9. International users
By using our Service, you understand and acknowledge that your Personal Information will be transferred from your location to our facilities and servers in the United States.
For EEA, UK or Swiss users:
Legal Basis for Processing. Our legal bases for processing your Personal Information include:
- To perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., processing payments for and providing the products and services you requested).
- When we have a legitimate interest in processing your Personal Information to operate our business or protect our interests (e.g., to provide, maintain, and improve our products and services, conduct data analytics, and communicate with you).
- To comply with our legal obligations (e.g., to maintain a record of your consents and track those who have opted out of marketing communications).
- When we have your consent to do so (e.g., when you opt in to receive marketing communications from us).
11. How to contact us